29 Years of Industry-Leading Localisation
VSI was founded in 1989 in London under the vision of Norman Dawood, who remains at the helm today. Privately owned since its inception, VSI London has made a name for itself by delivering high-quality, affordable, localised content for over 29 years, with a personal touch that only a family business can provide.
Norman Dawood is the son of NJ Dawood, translator of Tales from the Thousand and One Nights and other literary works. In 1958, NJ Dawood founded the specialist translation company Aradco, with which VSI works in close partnership and shares its premises in vibrant Fitzrovia.
VSI has state-of-the-art facilities in 22 of the world’s major media hubs, with over 500 dedicated global employees continuing to fulfil the family mantra of hard work, integrity and a commitment to customer care.
- We have been the localisation company of choice for many of the world’s leading brands
- Each year, VSI localises hundreds of thousands of programme hours into over 50 languages.
- We have a long history of localising websites, as well as advertising and marketing material.
- Rapid response – our project managers and translation teams will quickly tackle any urgent queries or last-minute requests you might have.
- We offer attractive prices for subtitles for deaf and hard-of-hearing people and audio description.
Our core values are at the heart of our business and define our loyalty to our clients: